Bangsamoro Center for Justpeace in Phil’s. Inc. (BCJP) was established out of the need for complex Human Rights issues, Peace and Development and Environmental problems of the Bangsamoro communities in the Philippines. This initiative of dynamic Peace, Human Rights and Environmental Advocates create an atmosphere for a collaborative effort of the Bangsamoro youth and people’s organizations and other social entities in working together for comprehensive and non-violent solutions to the present social and economic crisis in the poor and marginalized Communities in the country.
Organized in late 2003, CENTER FOR JUSTPEACE has been registered to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on August 1, 2006 with Re. No. CN 200628726 as non-profit, non-stock and non-Political organization, where environmental issues, peace and development as well as gender issue are its primary concern.In the last Four (4) years of operation, CENTER FOR JUSTPEACE has already significantly acquired, developed and enriched its experiences in various fields such as:
NETWORKING’ PEACEBUILDING and
CENTER FOR JUSTPEACE Advocacy is done in close collaboration with multi sectoral groups that has concerns with Human Rights, Peace and Development, Gender, Environmental protection and the differently able Persons.
CENTER FOR JUSTPEACE is a member—network of the Consortium of Bangsamoro Civil Society (CBCS), Mindanao People Caucus (MPC), Kutawato Coalition of Development NGO’s (K-CODE), Mindanao Emergency Response Network (MERN) Cotabato City Transparent and Accountable Network (CCTAN).
Founding member of the CENTER FOR JUSTPEACE IN ASIA, (CJPA) a network of an interfaith peace movement in South Asia based in Hong Kong SAR. Member of the 3rd International Muslim Leaders Cooference on HIV/AIDS, Member advisory Board of the Nonviolent Peaceforce International in their Mindanao peject
Bangsamoro Center for Justpeace in the Philippines Inc. (BCJP) envisions a community where people live in harmony, peace and in tranquility through individual, family, social and community transformation.
To identify individuals and groups who are involved with grassroots communities using traditional methods of peacemaking, conflict transformation and development and to help create critical solidarity andcollaboration among these groups to help Counter the various forces of oppression and exploitation of natural resources work and defend the rights of the marginalized Bangsamoro communities and facilitate their initiatives to uplift their living condition
Established a Self Reliant community that promotes peace; enjoy human rights; observe justice; equality and freedom; and protects environment through culturally relevant peacemaking, Peacebuilding conflict transformation and development
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. Document Human Rights and environmental abuses in the communities where few other organizations can safely operate
2. Strengthen unity among Bangsamoro Civil Society Organization and indigenous peoples groups.
3. Launch educational campaigns aim at raising the consciousness of the Bangsamoro people and their communities on issues affecting their lives
4. Support and participate in any non-violent solution of the Bangsamoro people for genuine development and Justpeace restoration in Mindanao
5. To mobilize financial resources for community-based development project and support self-reliant efforts of the community
6. To foster interfaith and inter tribe dialogue with the purpose of developing a common contemporary challenges.
7. To foster interfaith and inter tribe dialogue with the purpose of developing a common contemporary challenges.
Programs and Initiatives:
2. HUMAN RIGHTS
3. RESEARCH AND ADVOCACY
4. SOCIAL EMPOWERMENT AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (SEED)
5. RELIEF AND REHABILITATION